Parisian living rooms can bring elegance and sophistication to one of the most important rooms in your home! Parisian style living rooms tend to take one of two different approaches: they can be traditional and classic (reminiscent of France from centuries past, for example) or they can be modern and updated (think: mid-century modern, and warm hues). Whatever the style, it’s clear that Parisians love to take inspiration from the past when designing their living rooms. They could easily opt for a vintage style sofa to take center stage, and pair it with other pre-loved furniture that could have even been passed down through the family.
If you just want to get the Parisian vibe in your home without going full-blown vintage, then you’ll still find some charming ideas for decorating your home, too! Take a look at some of our favorite Parisian living room design and decor ideas below!
Parisian Living Rooms
Here are the Parisian style living rooms that inspire us the most! Get the look with a few decorations like these ones too:
1. Blue velvet tufted sofa and crystal chandelier
2. Parisian living room in the mid-century modern style with a burgundy sofa
3. Brown leather sofa, pink and yellow accent chairs
4. Burgundy velvet sofa
5. Faded blue velvet sofa
6. Parisian Brown Leather Sofa
7. Marble fireplace and green velvet ottoman
8. Mustard yellow sofa and cane accent chairs
9. Pink Louis fauteuil accent chairs and marble fireplace
10. Parisian living with turquoise accent chairs
11. Blue velvet sofa
12. Beige sofa and leaning wall mirror
13. Traditional design with oriental rug
14. Leaning wall mirror and gray sofa
15. Beige furniture
16. Beige sofa and herringbone wood floors
17. Black accent chairs, black accent table, and black fireplace
18. Beige sofa and white marble coffee table
19. Blue velvet accent chair
20. Blush sofa
21. Breuer cane chair
22. Brown leather accent chairs
23. Brown leather butterfly chair
24. Brown leather sofa and gold leaning wall mirror
25. Bust on fireplace
26. Cane paneled sofa
27. Cowhide rug, rattan chair and brown round coffee table
28. Crystal chandelier and ottoman as coffee table
29. Cane Sofa
30. Dark blue velvet sofa
31. Gold mirror and glass coffee table
Check out more chic Parisian coffee tables.
32. Gold molding on the wall
33. Gray sectional sofa
34. Velvet burgundy sofa
35. Green velvet sofa
36. Mid-century modern furniture
37. Brown leather butterfly chair
38. Simple gray sofa and Ornate gold wall mirrors
39. Marble coffee table and white slipcovered accent chair
40. Modern mustard yellow sofa
Mustard yellow sofas are a bold design choice that reminds me of the retro style!
41. Mid-century cabinet storage and sofa
42. Gray sofa
43. Mirror coffee table
44. Modern accent chairs and marble fireplace
45. Modern black pendant light
46. Mid-century modern rug and furniture
47. Mustard yellow sofa
48. Green walls and mustard yellow sofa
49. Marble coffee table in the living room
50. Red leather accent chair
51. Turquoise walls
52. Mid-century modern style
53. TV on Easel
54. Two white accent chairs
55. Velvet sofa and mid-century rug
56. Mid-century modern purple accent chair
A statement living room chair is always very Parisian.
57. Parisian White Sofa
White keeps the design simple and chic.
58. Mustard yellow sofa
59. Wood coffee table and bohemian floor poofs
As you can see there are quite a few common themes in these living rooms even though they are quite different in style! Parisians love to decorate with crystal chandeliers, dried flowers, and solid-colored sofas, often in burgundy or mustard yellow and upholstered in velvet.
They love mid-century modern furniture and can’t resist a gold mirror! We have a lot to learn from the Parisian style, don’t we? Stay tuned for more Parisian room tours like this one by subscribing to our mailing list below!
What is your favorite element of these French living rooms?