We’ve rounded up the most beautiful mid-century modern beds for a retro bedroom design. If you love Mad Men and simple but practical designs, then mid-century modern decor is probably one of your favorite styles. Most mid-mod furniture is made of medium to dark finish wood. The design is often quite minimalist and functional.
Mid-Century Modern Beds
Let’s take a peek at some of the best mid-century beds you can purchase online. Each of these beds has been selected for its high quality and favorable reviews. You can be confident in purchasing one of these beds as you go about designing your bedroom.
Mid-century modern beds typically feature clean lines, simple shapes, and natural materials. They were popular in the mid-20th century (roughly the 1940s to the 1960s) and are still popular today in thousands of homes across the country!
Some common characteristics of mid-century modern beds include:
- Low profile: Many mid-century modern style beds have a low profile, meaning they sit closer to the ground than traditional beds.
- Minimalist design: Mid-century style beds often have a minimalist design, with clean lines and simple shapes.
- Natural materials: Mid-century beds are often made from natural materials such as wood, leather, or fabric.
- Tapered legs: Mid-century modern beds often feature tapered legs, which are wider at the top and narrow at the bottom.
- Functionality: Built-in storage, such as drawers or shelves, are often present to maximize functionality and minimize clutter.
Mid-century modern beds have a timeless and elegant design that can work well in a variety of interior design styles, even if your home aesthetic isn’t completely mid-century.
Buying a Bed
Purchasing a bed for your home is one of the key design decisions you’ll make. Beds are often bulky and expensive so it’s normal to take your time before making a choice. Save the beds you like to a Pinterest board and revisit it from time to time. You’ll certainly have favorites as you go along, and eventually one will stand out to you. But, you should still wait at least a week before buying to make sure it’s really the one you want.
Mid-Century Modern Bedroom Inspiration
I love this mid-century bedroom design curated by Ashley of the blog Bigger Than the Three of Us. She used a gorgeous mid-century modern bed to create a warm and cozy mid-mod interior.
This mid-century platform bed made of dark wood is the perfect fit for this mid-mod bedroom.
I hope this post helped you find the perfect mid-century bed for your bedroom design! Please let us know your thoughts on our picks in the comments below.