There’s just something so alluring about French style when it comes to bedroom decor. The ornate curves, delicate fabrics, and hints of gold give off an air of refined romance that can make your sleeping quarters feel like a luxurious Parisian escape. In this post, I will highlight some of my favorite dreamy French headboards and beds that will have you saying “ooh la la!”
From intricate metalwork to curved wooden frames accentuated with tufted upholstery, these pieces exude French country sophistication and old-world charm. Whether your taste runs more toward the whimsical with painted florals or you prefer an elegant sensibility with clean lines and neutral tones, you’re sure to find French-inspired beds and headboards here that speak to your personal aesthetic.
So come along on a little jaunt to France without ever having to leave the comfort of your bedroom as we explore some tasteful designs you’re bound to adore! Get ready for some serious swooning over French beds so beautiful you may never want to get out from under the covers.
Let’s take a look at some of my favorite indulgently romantic French headboards and beds!
From tufted padding to floral carvings to minimally curved edges, each bed exudes glamour right down to the detail. Think Scarlett O’Hara’s blush pink bed or the intricately detailed style of the royal Louis XVI.
Click the beds on the image below to shop!
How to Style a French Bed
Here are some tips for styling and decorating a French-style bed:
- Layer on the linens. French beds often feature dreamy linens like duvet covers, shams, pillows and throws in whites, creams, and pastels. Don’t be afraid to mix different patterns and textures. Tufted and ruffled details add to the romantic vibe.
- Incorporate antique-style furnishings. Vintage-looking nightstands, dressers and armoires lend old-world charm. Curvy legs, carved details and distressed paint finishes feel fittingly Parisian.
- Display fresh flowers and plants. Roses, peonies, lilacs and ferns channel lush French gardens. Display blooms and greenery on the nightstands or dresser.
- Hang ornate mirrors and artwork. Intricately framed wall mirrors, landscape paintings in gilded frames and tapestry art conjure a stately atmosphere.
- Add French country bedding. Floral quilts, toile duvets, monogrammed shams and fringed euro shams enhance the overall effect.
- Illuminate with wall sconces. Wrought iron candle sconces fittingly mix old and new while casting a warm, ambient glow.
- Treat windows to elegant drapes. Rich textured draperies puddled at the floor empart grand, formal vibes. Tie-backs accentuate the look.
The right details harmoniously unite to create a headboard and bedscape with undeniable French panache!
Would you put a French bed in your home?