The velvet trend is strong right now. There’s something so wonderful about rubbing your hand over a silky smooth velvet fabric. Many people struggle with where to incorporate this luxurious fabric in their homes, so here are twelve ideas to get you on your way to a velvet-adorned home!
1. Couch – Perhaps one of the most difficult to implement, yet also one of the most rewarding, a velvet couch can instantly add glamour to a living space. Think of it as an investment piece, as this timeless fabric is unlikely to go out of style anytime soon. Check out a few of our favorite blue velvet sofas and green velvet sofas for inspiration…
2. Side Chair – A cozy place to relax, a velvet side chair can add just the right amount of glamour to a living room without being overbearing.
3. Headboard – Whether tufted or smooth, velvet headboards are divine!
4. Pillows – Easy to use with your existing decor, velvet pillows will make any couch more plush.
5. Curtains – These dark gray velvet curtains look spectacular. A gold or brass curtain rod really tops things off.
7. Dining Chairs – How lovely do these bright green velvet dining chairs look next to this natural wood dining table? They command attention and beautifully reflect the natural light.
8. Floor Cushion – A casual way to introduce velvet to your space, floor cushions are a great option for using velvet in your home!
9. Throw Blanket – Yes, even throw blankets come in velvet!
10. Ottoman – Another glamorous option for the living room, is a pink velvet ottoman such as these below:
11. Vanity Stool – This tufted velvet vanity stool makes wonderful use of the velvet fabric.
12. On the Table! – From the simple velvet ribbon tie for utensils, to a long draping velvet tablecloth, making velvet work in your dining space can be as minimal or extravagant as you like!
seamless style="border: 0;">
Have you used velvet in your home?