Decorating your home for Christmas can feel overwhelming. Especially if you are hosting the big holiday this year at your home, you’ll want to make sure every room in the house has a touch of Christmas cheer added. We want to make this project easier on you, so we decided to create a Christmas home decor guide for every room in the house! Our hope is that these ideas will inspire you to curate the best Christmas-style home you’ve had in years.
You see, Christmas is one of our favorite holidays. It’s a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, spend time with family and loved ones, and give gifts to those we care about. Decorating the Christmas tree is only one small part of the fun we can have inside our homes during Christmas. Keep reading to learn about all the ways you can spread Christmas joy inside your home this holiday season.
The living room is probably the most important room you will decorate for Christmas, as it’s where you and your family will spend time during this joyful holiday! You can decorate just about every nook and cranny in the living room. Pay special attention to the mantel and Christmas tree itself. These will be central points of focus in your living room during the holidays. A few ideas for decorating the living room for Christmas are:
- Go for a flocked Christmas tree this year
- Hang evergreen wreaths in your living room windows
- Display bottle brush trees on your shelves and console table
- Drape an evergreen garland on your mantel
- Hang stockings on the chimney
- Christmas throw pillows are a must!
- Add a cozy winter throw blanket to the sofa
- Design a pretty Christmas centerpiece for your coffee table
When it comes to Christmas kitchen decorating, don’t be afraid to go modern (above) or traditional (below) depending on your tastes! A simple string of lights around the kitchen window can go a long way in adding some festive cheer to your kitchen. Or opt for a traditional red plaid Christmas decor theme and go all out!
Of course, there are many more ways to decorate your kitchen for Christmas. Here are a few ideas to spark your imagination and creativity:
- Frame your window with string lights
- Hang a wreath in your window
- Swap out your old dish towel for a red Christmas one
- Make use of Christmas cake stands and cookie jars
- Hang Christmas wall signs on the walls
Another important room in the house to decorate for Christmas is the dining room. If you are hosting a Christmas dinner, then be sure to decorate your dining room for the holiday. Here are the important decorations you must consider when decorating your dining room for Christmas!
- Choose a festive table runner
- Decorate with white candles
- Be sure to put a Christmas tree in the corner
- Make it cozy with faux sheepskin throws
- Use evergreen in your Christmas centerpiece!
The bathroom isn’t the first place you think of when decorating your house for Christmas, but don’t underestimate this little room. I recommend adding small touches of Christmas cheer to your bathroom, especially if it’s a guest bathroom and you are hosting! The scent of a Christmas candle or a festive red towel are wonderful, simple ways to decorate for Christmas in the bathroom. Here are a few more solid Christmas bathroom decorating ideas:
- Add a Christmas scented candle
- Display evergreen on shelves and corners
- Swap in a Christmas hand towel
- Go bold with Christmas themed toilet paper!
- Hang wreaths over the mirrors
- Drape a garland over your window
- Put candy canes in the toothbrush cup
- Hang a wreath or Christmas sign above the toilet
- Use a Christmas shower curtain
- Hang an ornament on the bathroom door knob
- Hang a stocking on one of the towel hooks
The entryway is the first room your guests will see as they enter your home for Christmas. That’s why we had to include it in our Christmas home decor guide for you this year! Just because it’s a pass-through space doesn’t mean it doesn’t deserve a little Christmas cheer. There are lots of ways to decorate your entryway for Christmas. Here are a few of our favorites!
- Hang a wreath on your front door
- Hang a red scarf on one of your coat hooks
- Add a mini Christmas tree
- Christmas throw pillows on the bench
- Red lanterns on the ground
- Drape an evergreen garland around your staircase bannister
- Add a festive Christmas welcome sign to the wall
- Hang a stocking from one of the coat hooks
We love spending late mornings in our Christmas bedroom. It’s important to decorate the bedroom for Christmas whether it’s your own or just a guest bedroom! The first place you wake up in the morning should be cheerful and bright, and these Christmas bedroom decorating ideas will help your guests feel right at home in your space this holiday season. Here are a few ideas for how to decorate the bedroom for Christmas.
- Add a mini Christmas tree to your nightstand
- Throw a Christmas blanket over the corner of the bed
- Light a Christmas themed candle
- Swap out your pillows for some Christmas themed throw pillows
- Hang a wreath from your headboard
- Hang a Christmas sign on the wall
Decorations & Accents
Sometimes you just want to add some Christmas accents here and there to give your house a festive spark of cheer. Our guide to the 25 Essential Christmas Decorations You Must Own will help you with that. Or you can use this area to shop for a few classic Christmas accents we love!
Here are a few Christmas accents that are easy to place around your home and give it some Christmas cheer! From decorative accents to pillows and blankets, there are so many ways to make your home cozy for Christmas. Evergreen is probably the most Christmas accent you can go for – so don’t hesitate to purchase evergreen garlands, mini trees, and wreaths to decorate for the holidays!
Christmas Decorating Around the Home
I hope this post was helpful in advising you on how to decorate for the holidays around the home! Be sure to follow our Christmas Decor Board on Pinterest for more Christmas decorating tips and ideas!