As a home decor blogger, I’m always on the lookout for fun new ways to spice up my space. Lately, I’ve become obsessed with the idea of installing a mirrored makeup vanity in my bedroom. Not only are these glamorous furniture pieces totally functional for getting ready in the mornings, but they can also add a real sense of old Hollywood glitz and glamour to any room.
In today’s post, I’m going to walk you through everything you need to know about these gorgeous mirrored vanities, from different style options to placement tips. I’ll share some of my favorite looks and ideas for making a makeup vanity really shine as the star of your bedroom.
With the right lighting and accessories, it can be the crowning jewel of your home’s decor. So grab your lipstick and eyeshadow, and let’s get ready to talk all things mirrored makeup vanities!
Mirrored Makeup Vanities to Buy
Here is a selection of the best mirrored makeup vanities to buy for your home!
Makeup Vanity Mirrors
There are a few guidelines to follow when choosing the ideal mirror size for a makeup vanity:
- The mirror should be large enough to reflect your entire face and neck area. A minimum size of 24″ wide by 36″ tall is usually sufficient for most people.
- Consider the scale of the vanity and room. The mirror should be large enough to fit the width of the vanity top. But not so large that it looks disproportionately overwhelming.
- Lighting around the mirror perimeter also impacts the usable reflective space. Account for a border of around 2-3 inches that will be shadowed by lights.
- Sit at the vanity and test angles to ensure you can see your whole face from the viewpoint of your makeup chair. Lean in towards the mirror to mimic your routine.
- For maximum visibility, an oval or rectangular mirror is ideal over a standard square shape. The softer curved edges allow you to see more.
- If you are tall, you may prefer a larger mirror size up to 30” x 40” or more. This prevents having to hunch over to see your full reflection.
- For small spaces, consider an adjustable double-sided mirror that rotates to give you both a standard and magnified view.
The ideal mirror size ultimately depends on your height, the vanity dimensions, and your specific needs. But in general, a mirror between 24”-30” wide and 36”-40” tall is a good size to aim for over a standard makeup vanity.
“I’ve always admired chic Parisian apartments and wanted to capture that vibe, but I had to be realistic.” – Rosie Daykin
Makeup Vanities with Lights
Should a mirrored makeup vanity have lights?
Yes, having proper lighting is crucial for a mirrored makeup vanity. Here are some reasons why lights are highly recommended:
- Lighting allows you to see your reflection clearly in the mirror. Without sufficient lighting, the mirror can look dark and distort your view, making makeup application more difficult.
- The right lighting creates a shadow-free illumination so you can see your face uniformly. This allows you to apply makeup smoothly and evenly.
- Lights mounted on the mirror provide directed task lighting. The lighting is focused right where you need it most – on your face.
- Mirrors show colors differently than natural light. Proper vanity lighting helps colors appear more accurate so your makeup looks its true shade.
- The brightness provided by vanity lights lets you see fine details for tasks like tweezing, eyeliner application, etc.
- Many mirrored vanities accommodate adjustable lights so you can angle and dim them as needed. This customizes the lighting to your space and preferences.
- The lighting setup can create a glamorous Hollywood vibe for fun. It doubles as decor along with the mirrored furniture.
So, lighting is really essential for functionality and creating an optimal view at a mirrored vanity. The right lighting can make all the difference in your daily beauty routine.