Whether you’re designing a master bathroom retreat or simply want to upgrade your current shower, installing a double shower or “his and hers shower” can be a luxurious yet practical addition to any dream bathroom.
I’m going to walk you through everything you need to know about incorporating two showers into one shared space. From clever layouts to choosing finishes to picking the right hardware, plumbing, and storage solutions, we’ll cover all the details that go into crafting a functional and gorgeous double shower. By the end, you’ll have plenty of design inspiration and helpful tips to start brainstorming your own dream double shower oasis.
With spacious yet efficient floorplans, deluxe details like bench seating and rain showerheads, and practical touches like towel warmers and shelving, adding a second shower can double the convenience and style of your bathroom. Read on for stunning double shower ideas that are sure to have you wanting to renovate! Let’s design your dream bathroom shower.
Vintage Dual Shower Heads
Two shower heads on opposite walls
Aged Brass Shower Heads
Aged Silver Shower Heads
Double Shower with Bathtub
Striped Tiling and Dual Shower Heads
Minimalist His and Hers Shower
Are Double Showers Worth it?
Double showers can be worthwhile investments depending on your preferences and needs. Here are some factors to consider:
- Shared Use: If you share the shower space with a partner or family members, a double shower allows simultaneous use, saving time during busy mornings.
- Luxurious Experience: Double showers often offer a more spacious and luxurious bathing experience with ample room for movement and comfort.
- Property Value: Upgrading to a double shower can enhance the appeal and value of your home, particularly in real estate markets where such features are sought after.
- Customization: They provide opportunities for unique designs, incorporating various fixtures, materials, and layouts to suit your style and preferences.
- Space Consideration: Double showers require more space, which might not be feasible in smaller bathrooms. Consider your available space and whether the installation is practical.
Ultimately, the value of a double shower depends on your lifestyle, preferences, available space, and budget. If it aligns with your needs and enhances your bathing experience, it can be a worthwhile addition to your home.