My obsession with marble continues. This time with the exquisite world of white marble side tables!
If you’re looking to infuse your space with elegance and timeless beauty, marble side tables are the perfect choice. These luxurious pieces of furniture effortlessly blend functionality with sophistication, making them a coveted addition to any home design.
These little beauties can easily be added next to the sofa or near the bed. Their size makes them easy to use in any room, in addition to keeping them more affordable than a marble dining table or marble coffee table. There are definitely some budget-friendly marble tables on this list, ladies!
Best Marble Side Tables
These are our top recommendations for the best marble side tables to put in your home. Marble side tables come in various shapes, sizes, and designs, making them versatile pieces of furniture. Whether you have a modern, traditional, or eclectic decor style, there is a marble side table to suit your taste. They can seamlessly blend with different aesthetics, adding luxury to any room.
Each piece of marble is unique, with its own distinct veining and color variations. This natural beauty adds character and interest to marble side tables. No two marble side tables are exactly alike, which adds an element of exclusivity and individuality to your decor.
As far as the base of the table, you can opt for a few different choices: there are marble side tables with many different finishes like gold, wood, black, and even sold marble!
World Market Round White Marble and Black Metal Bistro Accent Table
I bought this table many years ago and love it. It’s a great starter table if you’re on a budget and don’t want to spend a lot. There isn’t much veining on the surface so you’ll get a more white marble look.
Anthro Beau Pieced Marble Side Table
This is a more statement-making design.
Burke Neda End Table
Anthro Kanta Marble Side Table
Here are a few more of our favorites, most of which are less than $500 each!
RH Cupola Carved Round Side Table
Rove Concepts Liza Side Table
Marble is considered a luxury material, and as such, marble side tables can hold their value well over time. They are often seen as investment pieces that can add value to your home and withstand changing design trends.
If you have space, consider using a pair of marble side tables on either side of a sofa or bed. Symmetry can bring balance and a sense of harmony to the room. Place identical lamps or decorative objects on each of your side tables to create a cohesive look.
Use different textures to enhance the overall look. Place a plush velvet or faux fur throw on top of the marble side table, or add a textured vase or decorative objects to create visual interest. The combination of smooth marble and textured elements can add depth and dimension to your decor.
Incorporate natural elements by placing potted plants or fresh flowers on your marble side table. The vibrant colors of the plants will beautifully complement the neutral tones of the marble. Choose plants or flowers that suit your overall decor style and the lighting conditions of the room.
Style your marble side table with a layered arrangement of accessories. Start with a statement piece, such as a tall decorative object or a stylish table lamp. Then, add smaller items like books, candles, trays, or small sculptures to create visual layers and add interest.
Let your marble side table be the focal point of the room. Choose a unique and eye-catching design, such as a table with a distinctive base or a marble top with interesting patterns. Keep the surrounding decor minimalistic to allow the table to stand out.
Marble has a naturally cool and sleek appearance. To create a visually appealing contrast, pair your marble side table with warmer materials like wood, brass, or copper. For example, you can place a marble side table next to a cozy leather armchair or pair it with a wooden coffee table.
Marble side tables provide an ideal surface for displaying art or sculptures. Place a small sculpture, a decorative vase, or a piece of artwork on top of the table. The contrast between the delicate art pieces and the solid marble can create a visually striking display.
Sometimes, less is more. Embrace the minimalistic approach by keeping your marble side table clean and uncluttered. Let the beauty of the marble speak for itself by leaving the surface mostly bare or with just a few carefully chosen items!
How to Care for and Clean Marble Side Tables
Caring for and cleaning marble requires a gentle approach to avoid damaging the surface. Here are some tips to help you clean and take care of your marble side tables:
- Use coasters and placemats: Place coasters or placemats under glasses, cups, and other items to protect the marble surface from potential scratches, stains, or heat damage caused by direct contact with hot objects.
- Wipe up spills promptly: Marble is porous and can be easily stained by liquids such as coffee, wine, or citrus juices. Quickly wipe up any spills with a soft, damp cloth to prevent the liquid from penetrating the surface.
- Avoid acidic or abrasive cleaners: Harsh cleaners, acidic substances, and abrasive materials can etch or scratch the marble surface. Avoid using vinegar, lemon juice, or any acidic or abrasive cleaning products. Stick to gentle and pH-neutral cleaners specifically designed for marble.
- Clean with a mild soap solution: Fill a bucket or basin with warm water and add a small amount of pH-neutral soap. Dip a soft cloth or sponge into the solution, wring out the excess water, and gently wipe the marble surface. Make sure not to saturate the marble with excessive water.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly: After cleaning, rinse the cloth or sponge with clean water and wipe the marble again to remove any soap residue. Finally, dry the marble surface thoroughly with a soft, dry cloth to prevent water spots or streaks.
- Polish occasionally: To maintain the shine and luster of your marble side tables, you can periodically use a marble-specific polish. Apply a small amount of the polish to a soft cloth and gently buff the surface in circular motions. Follow the product instructions for the best results.
- Use protective sealants: Consider applying a marble sealer to protect the surface from staining. A marble sealer creates a protective barrier that repels liquids and reduces the chances of stains. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the application process and frequency of reapplication.
- Avoid excessive weight or pressure: Marble is a durable material, but it can still chip or crack under excessive weight or pressure. Avoid sitting or standing on marble side tables and use caution when placing heavy objects on them.
Do you have a white marble side table you love?