The entryway is the first space guests see when they come into your home, so you want it to make a great first impression. A stylish entryway bench is both a functional and decorative element that can help set the tone for your home’s entryway design and style.
Today we’ll look at some of the best entryway bench options to help you create a modern, welcoming foyer. From sleek upholstered designs to rustic wood benches with built-in storage, we’ve rounded up benches with smooth lines and contemporary details that will complement any modern aesthetic.
Read on for our top picks for modern entryway benches that are as stylish as they are practical for stowing shoes, bags, and other items in your foyer. With the right bench, you can create an entry space that is not only organized but also makes a design statement.
Best Entryway Benches to Buy
Here are some of the most popular types of entryway benches to consider:
- Storage – Storage benches maximize functionality. Look for lift-top lids, drawers, and cubbies to stash items out of sight.
- Upholstered – Upholstered benches add comfort and a refined, luxurious look. Choose a fabric like velvet or linen in a neutral or bold color.
- Wooden – Wood benches can have open or closed bases. Styles range from modern and sleek to traditional and carved. Opt for durable hardwoods like oak or maple.
- Tufted – Tufted benches have button-tufted cushions. The classic detailing pairs well with traditional, vintage, or glam spaces.
- Rustic – Rustic wood benches with distressed finishes complement farmhouse or industrial styles. Opt for reclaimed barn wood for a timeworn look.
- Backless – Backless benches have a smaller footprint. They can slide easily against walls in narrow entryways.
- Built-in – Custom built-in benches maximize unused recesses. They offer handy storage and seamless style.
- Mid-century – Mid-century modern benches feature clean lines and tapered legs. They pair well with contemporary spaces.
- Window – Window benches under entry windows save space. Look for storage, lift-top, or bookcase window bench designs.
With so many options, you can find an entryway bench to match your home’s style and meet your functional needs. Choose wisely for a fashionable and useful foyer focal point.
I’ve rounded up the very best entryway benches to fit with your existing home decor style below! Some have storage, and others are simple and functional.
Benefits of Having an Entryway Bench
There are several key benefits and advantages of having an entryway bench in your home foyer.
Firstly, they offer convenient storage! Entryway benches provide a handy spot to sit down while removing shoes or boots and a place to stash bags, umbrellas, coats, and daily items you don’t want trailing throughout the house. Some benches incorporate cubbies, drawers, or shelves for organized storage.
An entryway bench can provide extra seating for putting on shoes or for guests who stop by. This is especially helpful in smaller foyers that don’t have room for additional furniture.
They’re a superb decorative element. Entryway benches make for an attractive furniture piece that can set the decorating manner for your home’s style. From modern to traditional to rustic, there are plenty of bench designs to match any house aesthetic.
Entryways tend to be high-traffic areas, so benches made from durable materials like wood, wrought iron, or stainless steel can withstand daily wear and tear. Look for quality construction.
Entryway benches can be placed almost anywhere – against a wall, in a corner, or under a window. They make great use of the often underutilized space in a foyer.
Having a place to sit while getting ready to head out the door and keeping things organized are just two of the many benefits of incorporating an entryway bench in your home’s foyer!
Styling Your Entryway Bench
Here are some tips for styling and decorating around an entryway bench:
- Incorporate baskets and trays – Place woven baskets or metal trays on the bench to corral smaller items like keys, sunglasses, or gloves. Trays can act as display areas for decor objects too.
- Add a mirror – Hang a mirror above or behind the bench to visually expand the space. It’s also handy for quick outfit checks before heading out.
- Use an area rug – An area rug underneath and around the bench defines the space and brings warmth to the flooring.
- Include lighting – Sconces or pendants above the bench provide handy illumination when entering or exiting the home.
- Add greenery – A potted plant, flowers, or a vase of branches situated near the bench brings life to the space.
- Display artwork – Hang artwork, wall mirrors, or photographs around the entry to elevate the design.
- Coat hooks and an umbrella stand – Install coat hooks or an umbrella stand near the bench for functional storage that also decorates the space.
- Keep it clutter-free – Avoid clutter on the bench top to keep the space looking clean and organized. Use baskets or trays to hide items when not in use.
Layering in decor while keeping the bench top clear makes for an organized and stylish entryway centered around a versatile bench. Play with different finishes and materials to integrate the bench into your entryway design.
What are your favorite entryway benches?